As the national IT Services Division of Konica Minolta Canada, IT Weapons has been delivering IT Services, hybrid cloud solutions, Information Security, connectivity, infrastructure management, and technical support for over 20 years. To simplify the management of complicated IT landscapes, our team helps streamline technology so companies can focus on their business performance, not system performance.
We believe Canadian companies need a technology partner that makes them feel safe. One who takes the time to empathize … To understand organizational goals and challenges. Client experience matters; we work for our clients and in their reality … Not ours.
The Cloud Services Architect is responsible for Cloud and Managed Services architecture and design. The Cloud Services Architect will lead and execute initiatives to improve availability, scalability, efficiency, performance and management of the Cloud and Managed infrastructure. A Cloud Services Architect will also supervise and coach other members of the Cloud Services team and play a key role in their development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Providing direction for the future of the Cloud Services technology practice (evaluating vendors, products, solutions, etc.)
- Provide architectural leadership in assessment, design, and operations
- Manage individual’s performance and goals
- Supervision of team experts to ensure quality service delivery, technical readiness and client satisfaction
- Develops standards, processes, best practices, and training in line with their area of expertise.
- Participating in forward progress on monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals.
- Upholds a strong ethic for systems management that leverages a holistic approach that considers the impact to the entire organization.
- Review the health and capacity of the Cloud and Data Centre infrastructure on a scheduled basis. Adhere to IT Weapons reporting standards and present recommendations and forecasts to Senior Management
- Ensure the IT Weapons Cloud is in line with IT Weapons profitability standards and expectations
- Engages or leverages other subject matter expert (SME) groups or areas of the organization when appropriate.
- Drives toward solutions that support automation and self-service.
- Collaboration with various functional areas of the organization, uncovering systemic issues or areas of optimization and developing comprehensive solutions to address them.
- Keeping current on new products and advancements in their area of expertise.
- Work with client services and clients on pre-sales initiatives
- Level 3 escalation point for issues impacting managed services clients or ITW cloud infrastructure, pre-sales and projects
- Work with vendor sales and support teams
What You Need
- 7+ years’ experience architecting, deploying, and administering Cloud technical solutions including but not limited to Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, Cisco, NetApp, Dell, Fortinet
- Teamwork skills are required
- Cloud Solutions and/or Managed Service Provider experience is an asset
- 2+ years of experience leading or mentoring a team is an asset
- Knowledge of technologies and architectures:
- Mware vSphere
- Cloud Management Platforms
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Cisco network technologies
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- NetApp, Dell EqualLogic/Compellent or comparable storage platforms
- Carbonite, VEEAM, Commvault, and other backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Data Centre cooling, power, cabling and racking solutions
- Public Cloud solutions including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS
- Experience with public cloud offerings is strongly recommended
- Current VMware VCP designation for Data Center Virtualization (VCP)
- Storage and related hardware certifications (NetApp, Dell, Cisco, HP)
- Microsoft: MCITP/MCSE or current equivalent is recommended (Legacy Microsoft MCSA/MCTIP:EA or equivalent will be considered)
What We Offer
- A collaborative, transparent, and engaging culture, working with awesome technology!
- Competitive salary and performance-based variable compensation
- Paid Professional Development time
- Plenty of vacation and personal days
- Flexible work options
- Lucrative employee referral program
- Employee benefits including RRSP matching and WorkPerks (corporate discounts on travel, fitness programs, and shopping!)
- Vibrant social crew to organize team events, fundraising, and community initiatives
- Endless opportunities to learn and grow
- Fully equipped gym facilities
- Rec room with pool table, foosball, and video games
Have a passion for technology and people? Join a leading Canadian IT organization with the international recognition and put your talents to the test in this exciting and challenging role – Apply now!